Thursday, January 31, 2013

Show Us Your Life - Singles Day - Meet Jonathan

I have followed Kelly's Korner for a while now and have followed several rounds of Singles Day.  I can't believe I can finally join in and introduce you to my cousin, Jonathan!   (Pardon the fact that I'm hijacking this crafty blog of mine.  Our family blog is private, so I'm taking over my crafty space for one day!)

I mentioned the Show Us Your Life Singles Day to Jonathan a few months ago and was so happy when he told me to go for it!  You just never know who might read this and how the Lord might work through this simple online introduction.  So here we go!

Jonathan is 34 and lives in Greenville, SC.  He works in IT with the county school system and has been in this area for four years.  He's originally from New Jersey, graduated from Campbell University, and has lived in the Carolinas since then.  His easy going personality made him a perfect fit in the South.  That, and his love of sweet tea!  He is an animal lover, likes to cook and try new recipes, and keeps up with all the techy/computer/gaming stuff that I know nothing about.

With his niece.
This may sound cliche, but I couldn't be more genuine when I say Jonathan is one of the nicest people I know.  Everyone in our family agrees, too!  He is kind and patient, a natural teacher, and he has an effortless way of just simply fitting in and helping out wherever he is needed. 

Jonathan is more like a brother to me than a cousin.  I was so excited when I found out he was moving to Greenville a few years ago and we could be closer to each other.  Having family close by is such a blessing.  We enjoy dinners together and he is so great with our two-year-old daughter.  He is her favorite babysitter and it brings me such joy to watch him read stories to her, play games, and just love her like crazy.
Having fun with my daughter.

With his niece and nephew at the beach.
 
With his mom.

If you are reading this and interested in contacting Jonathan you can email him at jonathan@waldchen.net or leave a comment below about how to contact you.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been saying this for years-I need to move to the south. Jonathan sounds like such an awesome guy (especially compared to the guys that CO has to offer).

Here's my post about me: http://www.heyambernicole.com/2012/09/suyl-singles.html

My email is amberinco(at)gmail(dot)com!

Katie W. said...

Hi, I live in Atlanta but have family in Greenville. I'd be interested in e-mailing with him if he is. I am 28, a Christian, and work in tourism marketing. My e-mail is kbishop916 @ gmail dot com

Unknown said...

My Cousin lives in Lexington, SC...
Here is my post about her :)

http://wisefamily1.blogspot.com/2012/09/show-us-your-life-singles-day.html

Send me an email to bennette1@gmail.com and I can forward it to her :)

Katherine said...

Hey! I live in Columbia. Jonathan sounds like a really great guy. If you'd like to pass along my email, it's katherine.magner(at)gmail(dot)com...or you can head over to Laughingkatherine.blogspot.com :)

Carrie said...

Your cousin sounds like a really great guy! My profile is #155 on Kelly's blog & I'd love to connect with Jonathan.

Here's my post: http://livinginmypajamas.blogspot.com/2011/06/random-things-about-me.html

And my email is csl_1999(at)yahoo(dot)com

Megan said...

He's a cutie and not too far from me!!

I would love to talk to him.

AVONLadyinSC said...

Hi I'm Margie I'm 35 live in Greenville SC and also work for the school district. I work as a guidance counselor. I'd be interested in emailing with him. My email is marbeemy@yahoo.com. I've been in SC 8 yrs now and love it! I look forward to hearing from him!

AVONLadyinSC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi! My name is Megan. I do not have a blog, but I am very interested in getting to know your cousin, Jonathan! I am 24 years old and live in Orlando, FL! Even though it’s a little far away, distance isn’t a deal breaker for me. I’m a Speech Language Pathologist at a charter school for children with special needs and absolutely love my job and working with kids! I am super close with my family, have an amazing group of friends, and am really just missing that great guy to go with all of it! In my free time, I love going to the beach, running on the trail, cooking, and going to concerts (country is my favorite!). I would love to hear from him - I can be contacted at meganspe79@gmail.com :)