Saturday, October 27, 2012

Jeans and Tunic Top

I knew I would sew something for Baby K's first birthday, but it wasn't until a few days ago when her mom commented on the ruffled jeans I made when I knew this had to be it.  I also made a peasant style tunic top to make it a complete outfit.
Although here is proof that I sometimes have to make this stuff up as I go along.  I misjudged the width of the sleeves and didn't have fabric or time to redo them.  I was ready to toss it in the trash when my best friend encouraged me to just figure out something because she knew I could.  I knew I needed to add a band of fabric to increase the width/circumference of the sleeve, but didn't want the inset panel of fabric to look pointless so I added these cute little pleats.  A contrasting fabric would have worked, too, but I didn't have anything that really went with this dark pink.  I am thrilled with how the pleats turned out.  I hope K likes them, too : )


No comments: